- Open Run (Windows + R) and type Regedit and press Enter.
- Navigate your registry to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Authentication\ LogonUI\Background.
- Now double click on the value OEMBackground and change the value from o to 1. (You can see it in below image)
- Now create a JPEG that is smaller than 256kb and this picture should match the aspect ratio of your display.. Like for example if you are using 1152 x 864 then you can use upto 1280 x 965. Don’t worry if you have lesser or bigger resolutions. Windows will stretch the image to fit automatically.
- Now navigate to the C: Windows\System32\oobe folder on the windows drive (default c).
- Create a new folder named “info”. Open this folder and create a new folder named “backgrounds.”
- Now copy the JPEG picture you want to serve as the logon. Just copy paste the picture in this sub-folder.
- Now rename the JPEG file as “backgroundDefault”.
Note: In few windows 7 operating systems, you can automatically found that the info and background folders are already created. If so, then no need to create those folders again. Just copy the picture and rename it as mentioned in step 8. And also create if you cant fined the OEMBackground DWORD in (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Authentication\ LogonUI\Background) folder.