SEO or search engine optimization is a lead generating online strategy that uses SE rankings on Google to generate leads for their business. While you can have elaborate link building strategies and premium accounts on SEO tools, it all boils down to content. SEO is all about content; from the articles you submit on submission sites down to the information that is within your website. Content is not just about the words that you see but all forms of media that are found in the website such as photos, GIFs, videos, podcasts, etc.
Before you jump in the content marketing pool, you should keep in mind that content reflects what your business is all about. You can’t just write about something that is irrelevant to your readers. It should reflect your core business values and how your business can help them in their current situation. To create an effective content marketing strategy, here are five steps that you must follow:
1. Know your market. The biggest mistake that many company websites are doing is putting content that THEY want, not what their clients/consumers are searching for. Get to know who your audience is, what they prefer to see, establish an age group to determine what sort of content is going to be put up.
For example, if your niche is animated movies, then you would make your content fun, friendly and easy to read or perhaps include videos that would interest your viewers.
2. Know how you can help them. Using specific keywords, viewers are searching for information that your business might be able to provide. Get connected with your audience by taking an in-depth look of what they most commonly need. This is where long-tailed keywords can help you. Interested viewers are more specific on what they search and if you happen to provide an answer to their question, not only will you gain traffic but you have higher chances for a sale.
3. Earn your audience’s trust as a source of information. The biggest example that best describes this step is Wikipedia. Though we’re not saying you should make your website into an online encyclopedia but it should have enough information that would answer every question they have with regards to a particular product or service that your company can offer. To do this, you need to update your content often with valuable information that your consumers might find helpful. Updating your website, once or twice a week also tells Google that you are an active website and therefore have better chances in site rankings.
4. Make your presence felt online. Content marketing not only applies to your on page optimization but for off page as well. Creating press releases, web 2.0 blogs with relevant content, article submission and active social media accounts should be taken in consideration.
Interact with your consumers by actively responding to their questions online, plan giveaways on Facebook and make an impression that will make them remember your brand.
5. Make the transition easy from information to sales pitch. The main reason why we set up an online web optimization and monitor site ranking is because we would want to have better traffic-to-sales ratio for our business. Don’t make it obvious that you are trying to sell them your products or services.
Fill your articles and other content with helpful information and squeeze in a call to action at the bottom or make your brand visible.
Remember, you need to make your content keyword-focused, optimizing at least 1 or 2 keywords or placing it on the tags. If you followed these steps carefully, you could have more quality traffic and higher SEO rankings than your competitors.